As Skate Canada Professional Coaches we believe coaching is a privilege earned through our commitment to:
- Competently and professionally serving the athlete as a role model, teacher, coach, athlete manager, strategist, and volunteer.
- Developing a well-rounded individual and creating a positive and safe sport environment that will promote physical development and well-being, mental development and positive self image, social skills development, creativity and artistic development, discipline, self-reliance and independence, and principles of fair play and good sportsmanship.
- Providing quality service to and being accountable to the athletes, parents, clubs and schools, community, and Skate Canada.
- Sharing knowledge with athletes, parents, coaching peers, clubs and schools, volunteers and Skate Canada.
- Actively engaged in continuous improvement and education and overall professional development
- Maintaining an open-minded attitude to new ideas and change.
- Supporting the 2014-2018 Skate Canada Strategic Plan.
- Conducting oneself in a manner that is befitting of a coaching professional and that is compliant with Skate Canada and ISU rules, regulations and policies.